BLUEWATERS International services comprise:
- Identification of potentials (technical feasibility) and logistics for “energy from biomass projects”
- Optimisation of multi-storey residential and office buildings in Vienna, as well as renovation of period buildings (constructed during the period of rapid industrial expansion from 1850-1914) and buildings from the sixties and seventies of the last century (pre-fabricated concrete)
- Elaboration of financing solutions and financial feasibility for renewable energy projects
- Analysis of social, ecological and economic benefits of renewable energy projects and energy efficiency projects
- Client support during project preparation and development
- Green Building Audits, Certification of buildings in accordance with the DGNB-standards.
BLUEWATERS International staff are qualified experts in:
- Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Systems, as licensed engineers
- Construction Engineering, as licensed engineers
- Environmental Engineering, licensed in environmental, quality, health & safety management (ISO 14001 and EMAS, ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001)
- DGNB and ÖGNI-approved auditors for public, office and residential buildings (green building certificates)
Since the company’s foundation in 1997 over 900 consultancy projects in energy efficiency, renewable energy sources and environment have been performed for private investors, public institutions, multilateral development banks, IFIs and donor organisations on national and international level. More than 2 million sqm usable area of multi storey buildings were certified regarding their energy efficiency performance in Austria. More than 200.000 sqm office, trade and shopping area were certified according to DGNB criteria, all leading to a green building certificate of ÖGNI/DGNB.
Successful energy and environment projects were performed under contracts with the World Bank, Austrian Control Bank, IFC and EBRD, also with the Austrian Development Agency and the City of Vienna.
BLUEWATERS have won the Vienna Innovation Prize (“Innovationsassistenz”) four times in a row, awarded by WAFF – Wiener ArbeitnehmerInnen Förderungsfonds. BLUEWATERS have also successfully cooperated with FFG – Forschungsförderungsgesellschaft, the Austrian Federal Research Institution.
The company recognised very soon the needs for consulting services in ecological projects in the countries of SEE and the accession countries. From their subsidiary office in Graz, BLUEWATERS has been entering the South-Eastern European market, namely Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia & Hercegovina, Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro. In 2002 the 100% subsidiary was founded in Novi Sad, Serbia (BLUEWATERS YU d.o.o.), with currently five employed staff members. In the past eleven years BLUEWATERS YU d.o.o. has carried out several environmental infrastructure projects focused on water, waste and renewable energy sources in the South-Eastern European Countries (SEEC), together with local companies and experts in the region.